2290 online for 2017-2018 is available on form2290filing.com
Form2290filing.com is now accepting 2290 returns electronic filing for Tax Year 2017–2018. You may now Pre-file your 2017–2018 returns. Your 2290 return(2290 for 2017-2018) will be treated as an advance filed and will be stored in our SECURED database, which will be processed by the IRS in the first week of July 2017 and Schedule 1 copy(2290 for 2017-2018)for the same will be emailed to you as soon as the IRS accepts your return.
2290 for 2017-2018 due date is normal.
If you purchase a new truck or wanted to renew your 2290 for 2017-2018 be prepared with the following details.
- Employer identification number (EIN). You must have an EIN to file Form 2290. You can’t use your social security number.
- The vehicle identification number (VIN) of each vehicle.
- The taxable gross weight of each vehicle to determine its category.
Enter the correct EIN. If you don’t have an EIN, apply for one online at IRS.gov/businesses/small and click on the “Employer ID Numbers (EINs)” link. Only persons with an address in a foreign country, for example Canada, may apply for an EIN by calling 267-941-1099 (not a toll-free call). You may also apply for an EIN by faxing or mailing Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number, to the IRS.
The VIN of your vehicle can be obtained from the registration, title, or actual vehicle. Generally, the VIN is 17 characters made up of numbers and letters. Be sure to use the VIN for the vehicle and not from the trailer.
VIN doesn’t include following letters I, O and Q.
If you think your VIN is included with letter I you would be mistaken, it would letter L or numeric number 1.
If you think your VIN is included with letter O you would be mistaken, it would numeric number 0.
- The actual unloaded weight of the vehicle fully equipped for service,
- The actual unloaded weight of any trailers or semitrailers fully equipped for service customarily used in combination with the vehicle, and
- The weight of the maximum load customarily carried on the vehicle and on any trailers or semitrailers customarily used in combination with the vehicle.